Sunday, December 6, 2015

Design Wall Monday

I haven't done much quilting this week.

It seems every flat surface in this house has to have something on it. That includes my quilting frame and ironing board, which my husband refers to as the mail center. I had folded it up recently when we had company and I have to fold it up to use the quilting frame. He asked me to put it out again because he has no where else to put the mail. He likes to spread it out so you can see each individual piece of mail, not stack it. He can't put it on the dining room table. I refer to that table as the farm office because it is covered with his paperwork.

Anyway, the ironing board needs to be cleared off and folded up so I can clean off the quilting frame so I can put a quilt on it. I need to get that T-shirt quilt quilted. And, there are more quilts waiting.


This photo doesn't have the mail on it because I was in the middle of reorganizing my sewing area, but replace that pile of projects with mail and you have a pretty good picture of what it looks like most of the time. I know that some of the stuff that ends up piled there is my stuff, but a lot of it isn't.

I haven't done much sewing either. This quilt is still at the same stage it was last week.


I have been knitting though.
I finished the blanket that is number 2 of this set. I was asked by a co-worker to finish the second blanket that her grandmother had started 10 years ago when she was about to give birth to her twin sons. Her grandmother had finished one blanket, but passed away before she was able to finish the second one.


I put them both in the washer for a little soak. They both came to me with some mystery spots on them which did come out. I then briefly dried them on very low heat. I was worried about the fringe. I was worried it would come loose and fall off. That didn't happen, but the ends did come unraveled on about half the pieces. I replaced them. and wrote a note to the recipient that she should hand wash these blankets.



Hopefully, this week I can get flat surfaces cleaned off and a quilt on the frame.

I really wish I could have a month of time for myself - no work, no cooking, no cleaning, just sewing, knitting, quilting what I want to work on. That will never happen so I just work on my stuff when I have a free moment between other peoples projects.

To see some projects by other people, visit Judy's blog.

No comments: