Monday, October 1, 2012

Design Wall Monday, October 1

On my design wall OR ...

this post would more aptly could be named Startitis :) 

I have been wanting to make one of these for a long time. Now I have a reason to. Like I need a reason to start another project. This is Blue Ridge Beauty by Bonnie Hunter from Quiltmaker Magazine, Jan/Feb 2008.


My son is a senior this year. His first grade teacher has tutored him since 2nd grade and has become a good friend. I feel that she needs a quilt of her own to curl up under on the couch when she is reading or whatever. Just for her. I will back it with Minkee because she loves that soft, cuddly fabric. I want her to know how much I appreciate all she has done for my family. Not only has she tutored my son - a challenge to say the least, she has listened to my problems, with my son, work and family, and helped me come up with some good solutions. See, she is a good friend. :)

Another project I started, and finished (YAY) this weekend is this lovely, knitted scarf. I didn't post it in a What's On My Needles on Friday because I didn't get the yarn until Saturday. I was wanting a project that worked up quickly, and this sure did! This pattern is BLT Scarf. It can be found here. I used Caron Simply Soft in Sunset and it took less than the whole skein.















I also attended a quilt show this weekend. Here are a few pictures from the show. I will post more later.


 To see what others are doing visit Judy's blog here.
 


No comments: