Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pinteresting

Hello, my name is Cindy and I am a Pinterestaholic.

Yes, I have found Pinterest.

I spend hours looking at what everyone else has pinned. I look at the websites and the blogs and I repin lots of things. Quilty pins, crafty pins, knitty pins, recipe pins.

I spend lots of time looking and pinning, but not much time actually making anything.

Before Pinterest I looked at websites and blogs and saved and printed out things I thought I might want to make. I have a 3 inch binder full of knitty things I want to make. I have a 3 inch binder full of quilty things I want to make. I have  2 inch binder of other crafty things I want to make.

I got to thinking about that and decided I need to start MAKING things.

 

 I posted this yesterday. It is a pattern designed to hold a Mason jar. I think it works well for a jar candle too. Probably shouldn't burn the candle with the handle up though. I can think of all kinds of gifty things to put in these little baskets. Not just for Christmas either.
Pattern can be found here at The Wooden Bear.


 Next was this case/stand for electronics. I made one for my iPod touch. It's padded and stiffened with cardboard so it supports the iPod well. I like to read during my lunch break. This will be great since I won't have to lean it up against my drink bottle now.
Pattern can be found here at Made by Marzipan.

Last is this card. I was gifted some cards with cut-outs so that something could be inserted. I used a 4 inch paper pieced tree pattern. Fits nicely. I think I might embellish the next one.
This pattern can be found here at Forest Quilting.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I haven't found Pinterest yet - I'm afraid that I won't get anything DONE if I do - and I have enough trouble finishing stuff as it is - ;))