Monday, August 20, 2012

DWM

On my design wall this week....

Another Blazing Star
This is the one I am making for my mom.
So now I have 2 blocks finished.
3 more to go.



I found this cute pattern at The Wooden Bear.

Click here and scroll down a little. Click the link to open the pattern. It is a PDF file.

The pattern shows a quart mason jar.
I used a pint jar for the picture.
I cut a circle of batting and fabric for the lid of the jar so it coordinates nicely.

A jar candle looks nice too.



I used Christmas fabrics for this one, but I think you could use any fabric and put just about any gift item that would fit in this little basket.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Love your blocks. And the little baskets are so cute.

Kate said...

The blazing star blocks are beautiful, love the colors you've used. Very cute fabric basket too.

Sue Daurio said...

Those stars are gorgeous!!! Love the little baskets, what a great idea for Christmas gifts :)