Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday

On my design wall this week....

Blue & yellow Blooming Star block
more of the Blooming Stars for my mom.
The blue and yellow star.













I am working on the Mystery 4 Military
Mystery 28 clues as leader/enders.

This clue is half-square triangles.










Many years ago  a lady asked me to finish a quilt started by someone else.

She had the flowers - I think a lot of them were already joined together, more hexagons and some yellow fabric.

She wanted me to use the yellow fabric to make a wide border so the quilt would be big enough for a baby quilt and quilt it.

She gave me the remaining flowers, hexagons and yellow fabric. There are 31 finished flowers, and a half one. I have not counted the single hexagons. There is enough of the yellow to make a small border and binding, I think, depending on how big the finished quilt is.

Every so often I pull it out and look at it. I really don't want to sew together anymore of the hexagons. These hexagons are small! See the quarter? They are small!

I really think I want to put together the finished flowers, put a border on, and hand quilt it.

That leaves me with a lot of hexagons.

So I made some of these.

I did not turn the edges under. I just sewed close to the edge. I finished the inside with a piece of fabric that is sewn on close to the outside edge of the card.

I think they turned out kind of cute. I might make some more!

No comments: