Friday, August 4, 2023

Two at a time sewing

 I am trying to get into the habit of sewing two projects at the same time.

Some people call this starts and stops, or leaders and enders. I am sure there are lots of names and 'two at a time' is probably one of them.

Anyway, I have lots of 2-inch squares and 2 1/2-inch squares that need to be turned into quilts. So while I was working on the We the People quilt I started piecing 2 1/2-inch squares in between. 
As you can see I was piecing orange squares here.

Here is a blue block.

Originally I had planned to just sew these blocks together randomly.

Now I am thinking of making one-color quilts. Hmmm.

But, as you can see from my project notes I need at least 80 blocks to make a lap size. I really prefer to make the larger twin size since these will be donation quilts and twin size is what is needed. That means I would need to make 108 blocks. 

You can also see that I started this project in January 2022. It will take a long time to get enough blocks of any one color to make a quilt. I guess I need to stick with my original idea. 

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your blocks - and random would definitely be the faster way to go. I call mine "tweens" because I sew them "beTWEEN" other things - ;))