Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 21, 2023

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I had a shopping day and a sewing day with my quilt buddies last week.

Shopping found me buying more fabric but it is for a specific project. My group will be starting another exchange in April, using the pattern  A Very Coriander Christmas by Corey Yoder.  I didn't want to use Christmas fabrics so I was going to go with batiks with a black background. I knew I had enough in my stash for that, but one of the other ladies said that was her plan for this exchange. I decided to step out of my usual zone and go with 30s fabrics. I had some in my stash, but I needed more. So, what's a quilter to do except buy more!

I finished quilting the Farmland quilt.

I think it is really cute. It has been washed and is ready to donate.

I got the rest of the HST Challenge blocks pieced and the frames sewn on.
Now I need to cut the sashing strips and get this sewn into a top.

On sewing day I got some more 365 Challenge blocks put together.


I have to say some of these are not my favorites, but once sewn into the quilt with all the other blocks I think they will look fine. If not, there will be a few extras that I will be able to swap out for.

I started pulling fabrics and cutting for the next batch.
I usually cut fabrics for 10 blocks.

I also worked on the Malachite quilt.


I have the top finished except for the borders.

I've been cutting fabric for another donation quilt.
All the 'truck' blocks are cut, and now on to the fabrics for 4-Patch blocks. 

And, then I decided to clean out my tub of batting scraps. I was able to piece together a batt for the small Woodland Bears quilt, and two other larger pieces with three small pieces left over.

That is much better! 

Here is something a little weird. My mom is going through her stuff, clearing out her house. She has been giving me old photos. Here is a photo of me at four years old apparently at a birthday party - not mine.

I flipped it over to look at the back. The day that photo was taken is my son's birthday.

And, lastly for something cute. My husband has his own personal LIVE neck warmer.
This happens every morning.

Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

As usual - you've been BUSY!! LOVE all of your projects - and your husband's "neck warmer". Your photo is cute - it is weird that the date is your son's birthday - but what a fun coincidence - ;))