Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March 1st

To see what other quilters are working on go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have been busy.

I threw Shining Star on the bed to get a good look at it.
The cats approved!

I've been knitting.
This pattern, Baw Baw, is a free pattern on Ravelry and is made to use up leftover yarn.

I have all the blocks made for Jack in the Box and have started putting the rows together.

I'm working on a little quilt that will be donated.


I love this farm and tractor fabric. The 9-patch blocks are from my stash. The colors are not true. The squares on the upper left of each 9-patch block are green, not brown. 

I've been cutting and kitting up fabrics so they are ready to go.
Now that we are able to have sew days and retreats more often I like to take more than one project with me in case I finish the one being worked on.
This one is called Square Holes and was designed by Becky at Boline's to use a 5-yard bundle - a bundle of five 1-yard cuts of fabric that coordinate. I like this bundle of fabric because it can be used all winter, not just for Christmas.

This one is called Malachite.
I'm using a jelly roll I had in my stash. I do like it in the greens shown in the pattern, though, and may make it again.

This one is called Dream Weaver from Missouri Star Block magazine. Online you can find a video tutorial and a pattern to purchase.
The pattern calls for 2-1/2 inch strips, but I used a fat quarter bundle I had in my stash. 

I have another pattern and 1/2 yard bundle that I haven't cut yet.
This one is a free pattern from Robert Kaufman called Trails.

That should keep me busy for a while.

My husband just left for an appointment. I think someone is missing him.


Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You've been BUSY!! LOVE your projects - ;))

Judy Hansen said...

You are my kind of girl Cindy! Many projects going at once makes us happy. I agree with the kitty, I like the star quilt in your bed. Hugs, Judy