Monday, January 2, 2023

New Year

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, or whatever you celebrate. I hope the New Year brings you health and happiness.

I got another Snow Happy snowman block done. I felt like it was too plain so I added the star, but I still feel like it needs something more. Maybe a hat?

I got all the cornerstone squares cut and all the HSTs pieced and trimmed for the HST Sew Along.

This is the first block. 
Instructions for the next four blocks will be posted on January 9. Each block will have a dark skinny - 1/2 inch - frame around it. I haven't decided if my frames will be scrappy, one color, or one different color around each block. I am going to get a few more blocks made before I make that decision. 

I got some piecing done on the Dinner Plate Dahlia quilt. It is the Mardi Gras colorway.

I love the Quiltworx quilts, but some of the steps take a long time and so I sometimes move on to other things that are quicker to make during the process. I am not, never have been, one of those people who finishes a project before starting another. I just can't do it, I've tried.

This kitty, Hoppy, loooooves my husband. This is the routine every morning before Husband goes out to do chores.
He picks the cat up and before you know it Hoppy is on his shoulder or back. He greets him at the door most of time when he comes in, too.

Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting!

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy New Year!! I think your snowman needs a hat, too. LOVE your eye-candy - especially the Quiltworx one - those always take my breath away! And Hoppy is too cute - ;))

Sara said...

Happy New Year! I always have multiple projects going on at once too. Love the cat picture. We had a cat decades ago who loved to sit with his butt in my hood and his front feet draped over my shoulder, while I would walk up to the barn to start chores. Another of the farm cats about the same time like to ride in the tractor with my husband while he fed cattle.