Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Wed., Jan 18

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I'm a little late, but I have been working on things.

I got the next units pieced for Dinner Plate Dahlia.

And the next blocks 6 - 9 of the HST Scrappy quilt, large and small.

Smaller 6-1/2 inch size
Larger 13-inch size.

I will be donating the larger quilt, but I think the smaller one might make a great doll quilt to go with it.

I cut fabrics for some more 365 Challenge blocks.


I made two of the Little Wallet by Valori Wells for my lovely SIL.

 
She had seen mine and mentioned to my son that she liked it and liked that it fits in a pocket and would be nice when she doesn't want to carry a purse. Exactly why I like it; it holds all the essentials. Her favorite color is green. It is the best color, after all! My niece may like the sunflower one if SIL doesn't want it. I sent pics to my son and he happened to be with my SIL and her husband at the time. Turns out she does like them both, but...

There is always a but isn't there? She would like a pocket on the back big enough to hold her folding phone charger and another pocket for her earbuds. Sigh. So I Googled her charger to get the dimensions. I will have to make the wallet a little bit bigger. I guess I will make a sample to see if that will work for her. 

We find life fun and entertaining with these two crazy cats!
Husband and Hoppy have a routine every morning. Hoppy wants some cuddle time before Husband goes out to do chores. He falls asleep in his arms! Hoppy only wants to be held like this if Husband is standing. 

Both cats have done this, but Skippy does it the most now. 
This chair is situated in the travel path from the bathroom, kitchen, and living room. They hop up in this chair if they think someone is going to sit in it. Then they stick their paws through and want to play 'footsie'. Of course, we always oblige.

Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting!


1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That Dinner Plate Dahlia is going to be gorgeous! Love your HST blocks - and "Little Wallets" - but your Hoppy and Skippy are the best - ;))