Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Something New

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am still working away on projects. I just can't seem to post every week or on Monday. I have put the Buried Treasure project away for now. It will be a good project to take to a sew day or retreat. We have sew days at the local library scheduled for Feb. 3rd and 17th. I'm not sure if we will be able to sew on the 3rd as we are expecting snow. Possibly a lot of snow. The retreat is scheduled for the 23rd through the 25th. Our retreats are day retreats - we bring all our stuff and sew for the day, leave it there overnight and come back the next day, and the next day. It is nice to be able to leave things there where it is locked up safe and sound. 

I have also put the 16-Patch project away for now. I need more scraps in specific colors to continue working on that one. I know I will be gifted more scraps at the sew days and retreat. 

But, never fear, I still have projects to work on. I had set aside 2-1/2" squares for the Spools quilt.

I am keeping track of the colors so there will be equal amounts of each in the quilt. So far I have 110 spool blocks. They finish at 4 inches. I will need a lot more.

I have made repairs to a vintage quilt for my friend.
Here is the top before repairs.
This hole is where the quilt was folded. It affected three squares.
Here it is after repair. Can you tell which block was repaired?
Now can you tell? 


It's the one on the left.
I plan to do simple in-the-ditch hand quilting.

I have loaded the Quilter Exchange Mystery quilt on the frame. 

I'm using a green variegated thread.
This is a view of the back.

I have been working on a counted cross-stitch project.
This is the month of May of A Year of Celebrations from Hands on Design.

I got this mini quilt top done a while ago.
I've started quilting it. 

I had planned to get more done, but this happened.
Husband found him outside the barn in the snow Monday evening. He put him back in the barn, but the next morning he was cold and crying. So he brought him to the house. Some food softened with warm water seemed pretty good!
Then he snuggled in for a nap.
He has perked up a lot and is getting playful. 
He has taken over this chair for naps. Son says his dog is going to be upset because he claims that chair when he is here. The plan had been to get him strong enough to go back out to the barn, but Son thinks he might like for him to come to live at his house. He says his dog gets along well with my SIL's cats when they visit them.

Kitty seems to be settling in so I hope to be able to get more quilting time.

Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting!

3 comments:

loulee said...

Cute quilts, cool rescue, lovely quilting and andorable rescue.

Judy Hansen said...

Thanks for rescuing the cold little kitty. He looks very grateful. I couldn’t find the repairs block until you showed me. Great job! I love the little flag quilt, and I want to make it also. Temecula Quilt Co is such a great source of inspiration. Hugs, Judy

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I couldn't find the repair either! Good job - however you did it! LOVE your projects and the kitten is SO cute. He looks happy, safe, and warm - ;))