Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Plugging Away

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am determined this year to clean up/organize my space better, finish up projects and reduce my scraps and stash. 

I have cleaned out the closet in my sewing room. 
It wasn't bad, but now it is better.

I finished the Mickey Mouse quilt. 


It has been washed and is ready to gift as soon as the baby arrives.

I keep finding bags and small boxes of scraps that I have put away in different places. I think I am finally seeing the very end of those. I have been cutting them into the sizes I use the most. I started piecing some of them into blocks and am working on getting those made into two different quilts. One of them will be a 16-patch. Each block will be one color with light background. I will place them randomly together. I have one row sewn together and have started on the second row.
The other is Buried Treasure.
You can see the pattern photo in this pic. I have one row pieced and all the blocks are now sewn. Like the pattern, I am using a yellow solid for the background and random scraps instead of just blue and green as the pattern calls for.

I made two bowl buddies, a kitchen towel, and a dishcloth for my neighbors.


I have had a small pincushion velcroed to the top of one of my machines. I really like that it is small, but holds enough pins for a project. I find it very handy to have just within reach. And, I don't knock it off the table!
I like it so much that I decided to make one for each of the machines I use regularly.
I was given a miniature tomato pincushion. It is perfect on top of my machine.
They are very easy to make using a medicine bottle lid, a scrap of fabric, a small amount of stuffing,
and a bit of trim. I used a hot glue gun to adhere it all together. A square of stick-on velcro attaches the pincushion to the top of the machine.









I can take the pincushion off easily when I pack the machine in my rolling tote to transport to sewing days. 

That's what I have been up to
Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

AWESOME little pincushion - and using a "Medicine bottle lid" is pure genius!! Thanks for the photos of the process - you make it look SO easy!! - ;))