Thursday, August 12, 2021

What's going on

 around here.

I have been stitching. 

Coral Reef is pieced and ready for quilting. I have the backing already but won't quilt this for a while.

I am playing around with a layout for this quilt which is from an exchange with my quilt group...from 2016. 
I need to complete one block and make one more for this layout. 

I want to use as much of the fabric as possible, so I am wondering how the setting triangles might look as random fabrics with a thin solid purple border followed by the purple print for about a 5-inch border. The binding would be solid purple. I'm also wondering if the Roman Stripe block (second row, left) needs an applique or something in the white area. Your thoughts/suggestions are welcomed.

I stitched up the next clue in the mystery my quilt group is doing.

This is the RSC through August.
Dark blue was the July color. Aqua is the color for August. Since my light blue block has some aqua-ish colors I opted to make a brown/tan block. 

For the past week or so I have been watching this creature remake its web every evening.

Thankfully it is on the outside of the window.

Here are three more of the little quilts from the Endangered Species: Animals and Plants in Fabric Perspectives that were on display at four area forest preserves. 


Close up of the moth. Such lovely detail.

Close up of the bird. Wonderful threadwork.

My yard is in bloom.




This is what I see when I look out my front door. My beds are messy. I know that. I know I need to get out there and pull some weeds and neaten up everything. But, it has been very hot here the last few days. And, I stand here several times a day and just enjoy the view. Sometimes I see butterflies or hummingbirds. And, once in a while I will see a beautiful bird that I don't see often here. It brings me joy. 

The Hibiscus gets a little bigger every year. 

The blossoms are bigger than my hand! and so beautiful.


We are having stormy weather today.
I have a volunteer pumpkin plant. No pumpkins though. Hmm?

And, something is eating the green beans.
That's what's going on in my little corner of the world.

Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! Your Coral Reef is GORGEOUS!! It will be "Best of Show" next year at the County Fair for sure!! I like the variety of setting triangles on your exchange quilt - and yes - I think the Roman Stripe needs "something" in the white area. Your flowers are beautiful - your red hibiscus is one of my favorites. And those quilts are amazing - with such detail - thanks for sharing - ;))