Monday, August 16, 2021

Progress!

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have started sewing rows together on the Exchange quilt.
This is the final layout I decided on.
I did decide to remove that coral triangle on the upper left. There is only a 10 inch square of that fabric in the bag, but it isn't used anywhere in this quilt. I thought there was more, at least a FQ, but it's been long enough that I can't remember. It's weird that no one used it but there isn't more of it. There is also a very dark blue that came with the bundle and no one used it either. Neither one of those colors really fits in with the rest of the fabric. Into stash they go!

The other project I am working on is Icicle Star. (I am unable to get the link to load though so I guess it is no longer available.)
I made the coral-colored star for a fair project a couple of years ago with the idea that I would make more blocks, enough to make a quilt.
I got busy and completed two more stars for that project. Each star will be a different color. I am also using a variety of greens. I am trying to decide if I want to use a small black sashing strip or not. I am thinking not. I do think I want a colorful wide border, though.

Here are a few more of the little quilts from the Endangered Species: Animals and Plants in Fabric Perspectives that were on display at four area forest preserves. 






Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Nice progress! And lovely quilts - ;))