Monday, April 5, 2021

Monday Again

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I can't believe it is April already. My days just seem to run together lately. 

In my last post, I showed my daffodils that I was impatiently waiting to see bloom. My friends who live in town were posting on Facebook showing their daffodils blooming. My plants are always at least a week behind the ones in town. Well, on Wednesday, finally, mine looked like this.

Then on Friday, after gusty winds and below-freezing temperatures, they looked like this. Laying flat on the ground.

I was so sad. But, by later that day they were looking a little better.

And today most of that bunch is standing back up and two other clumps are blooming.

Looks like I have a visitor as well. Can you see it? (upper left corner) Easter Bunny, is that you?
Good morning!

Ok, on to quilt-related photos. 

I worked on Coral Reef.

I now have Units A (center), B (left), C (right), and D (bottom) pieced.

I made a butterfly block for the April color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
The color this month is light and bright blue.

Having my fabrics sorted in the fabric baskets made finding the right fabrics quick and easy.

I finished the next step in the mystery quilt my group is making.
This clue said to sew squares together in rows of four. 20 rows are needed.

I decided to go ahead and piece all the blocks I had cut for the Stash Busters Challenge 2021 quilt.

I have 32 blocks which are only about half what I need. I want to make a twin-size quilt to donate. If I add a border to a 7 x 9 layout I need 63 blocks. I have nothing in my stash for a border, so I will look for one online. I may introduce more colors with the aqua/teal/ turquoise I am using, depending on what I find for a border.

I continue to work on Son's deer quilt. I will post pics as I get further along.

My parents are scheduled to get their Covid vaccine later this week. I am still looking for available appointments in my area for my husband and me.

Stay safe and well.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Coral Reef is amazing!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Sara - your flowers are lovely - and your projects are always fun to watch come together - ;))

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your daffodils are so pretty and a lot of quilty fun is going on in your quilt room. Have a lovely week.