Monday, April 19, 2021

Monday This and That

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am piecing Unit F for Coral Reef.


I have been given a LOT of ties over the years. I plan to make something with them. I don't know what yet. I have been running them through the washer and dryer as I receive them. Most are silk, some polyester, some acetate. I figure the ones that don't survive the laundry don't need to be in a quilt, even if it is a wall quilt.
Now I am starting to deconstruct them. 

I got my Son's deer quilt to the flimsy stage this weekend. I took a couple of photos and texted them to him.
The response...Nice. I like it. 
It is now on the quilt frame. 

The rest of this post is about my yard and not quilt-related to if you aren't interested you can stop here.

These little critters, ground squirrels, have taken up residence under my front steps and under the cement pad of the driveway. They are NOT welcomed. Husband wages an ongoing battle with them every year. 


Yesterday was a beautiful day. Partly sunny, slight breeze, nice temperature so I took a tour around the yard, and then I did some yard work. 
I like this lighter yellow color.

Rhubarb. This bed needs some work and I am slowly getting it cleaned out.

The ground squirrels are living under those steps.

Those are the 'real' ladybugs!

I don't mind violets and dandelions at all.


Love these red tulips and I'm looking forward to seeing the hollyhocks in bloom.



Two different Clematis and some Lily of the Valley

Today is cooler and windy. Not nice for outside work. Tomorrow we are supposed to get SNOW! Possibly accumulating snow and below-freezing temps Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Besides all these lovely things that are growing, there are also Poppies coming up, the apple tree is starting to flower, Peonies are up, Lilacs have flower buds. It will be interesting to see what the snow and cold do to them.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your Coral Reef! Son's quilt is wonderful - good use of the deer panel! Also love your flowers - so pretty! Funny thing - I did the same thing with a batch of ties - ran them through the washer and dryer - and figured that if they didn't "survive", they were not meant to be in a quilt - ;))