Thursday, December 27, 2018

Relaxing

Ha! When I was typing in the post title, I accidentally typed RELAZING. And, I guess that is what I am doing today. I am relaxing and being pretty lazy. I didn't even fix lunch. Husband had an appointment in town and brought lunch home. Yay! 

I have scrolled through Facebook, checked e-mail a few times, played the two games I play on my tablet. Relaxing, being lazy.

I crocheted a couple of spool pin doilies. My quilt friend mentioned that the ladies in our group with Featherweights might enjoy these so I have made up some more. My little group, and a sister, are going on a fabric shopping trip tomorrow so I will take these with and see what they all think. I have more colors that I haven't used yet, but don't want to make a bunch and have them not be liked. I am upcycling a tin that we received candy in. I like the tins, but have a hard time finding uses for them. This one works well to hold my tiny skeins of yarn, directions, crochet hook and finished doilies.


 I also finished up another mini stocking. 


These will be gifts to my small quilt group, and a sister. One of my quilt friends got her sister interested in quilting and she has been joining us for retreats. She is also here for Christmas. She lives in Tennessee so we are happy whenever she makes it here.

I made some stockings using a lighter weight yarn so they turned out smaller.


And the multi-colored striped one was made with a different pattern and is slightly larger. It is my favorite, but not everyone likes that style which is why I made some with different patterns.



Yesterday we spent time with my family at my niece's house. This is the second year for this. It was decided after my brother died that she and my SIL needed a new tradition. It is still hard, oh so hard, without him, but we are all trying to find the joy in the season.

She has a cute little house and just got a new puppy. He is so cute and so well behaved. Very relaxed and calm. When I placed him on my dad's lap I was asked if the puppy got to go home with him! 


My dad would love to have a dog, but he is dealing with dementia and my mom would get to do all the work. She is also allergic to all animals. So puppy stayed with my niece. He got tired of all the commotion after a while and put himself to bed in his crate. Good dog!

No comments: