Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sunday Lazy Day

I have decided that I cannot keep up with the daily gratitude postings, 
at least for now. So beginning June 1st I plan to start over. 
The last day of school is May 31st and I should have more time then.

Meanwhile, my yard has been busy, even if I haven't been. 
I have good intentions, but then it is too windy, too chilly (mid-60s and windy today) or I am just too beat from my day with kindergarten students.

Here is what is happening in my yard:
This didn't come from my yard, but the ditches near my yard. 
 
 
This is the first asparagus my husband found on May 7th. It was yummy. 




 
This picture was taken the 18th and I now have twice that much in my fridge. 
I am eating some every day and made some creamed asparagus for my 
father-in-law. Boy, it is hard to share it, but some comes from a 
little patch in his yard so I guess I should be nice and share.

 
The irises were just starting to open on the 18th.
 
 
And, this is what they look like today. 

 


 





The poppies and phlox are starting to bloom, also.
 

See what I mean about the wind? 
The poor poppies are losing their petals already.



I am very lucky that some lovely people have shared their plants with me!
I think of them often, but even more so when 'their' plants are in bloom.
 
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/05/design-wall-monday-may-14-2018.html
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
Check them out.

No comments: