Monday, August 8, 2016

On My Wall

To see what other quilters have been up to go to Judy's page...

I have been working on the farm quilt.

The four fruit trees are piece. I modified a Tree of Life pattern to make the fruit trees.


The four pigs representing four sons are ready for applique. One has been appliqued except for the eyes. I altered the pattern slightly. Since these piggies are so dark I am adding the lighter fabric where the eyes go and sewing on slightly smaller black buttons for the eyes. The top left pig has the buttons pinned on. The pattern used for the pigs is animal whimsy by amy bradley designs.


A nice surprise in my yard this morning... seven blooms!


I love the color of this Hibiscus.

And, the blooms are as big as my hand!

I've also been busy in the kitchen. You know how one thing tends to lead to another?
I was looking for something in one of my cabinets one day. I had taken a lot of things out while looking and at that point decided that maybe, just maybe, my cabinets needed cleaned and organized. I decided to inventory what I had at this point. Seems I have lots of certain things and little or none of other things. I guess I am bad about getting groceries put away and then not using them. Or I need something and find out I am out. But now I have a list taped to the inside door of the cabinet that I can edit as needed. Anyway, cookies happened!


These are pumpkin spice cookies from a mix from Aldi. This is the second batch. The first was oatmeal, also a mix from Aldi. They are easy to mix up. I only had to add a little water, an egg and 1 stick of butter. They are not bad- the first batch disappeared quickly! I used my small scoop for the first batch and baked about 3 dozen. I used a larger scoop for these and got about 20. Just enough that they are gone before the start to get stale.

1 comment:

kwiltnkats said...

That pig is just too darn cute! Sandi