Monday, June 22, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Check out Judy's blog here.

This is what I have been working on lately:

Old Crow is on the frame. I plan to quilt it with Baptist Fan.



Almost finished is Smokey River in the Spring colorway.
It went from this:







To this:













To this:

I am slightly disappointed with this quilt. It is a kit - Smokey River Spring colorway. The kit contained jellyrolls of Stonehenge fabrics - neutrals or lights and jewels or darks. There was a lot of blue in these. And, it seems like some of the lights were too dark and some of the jewels were too light. I wish there was more contrast in some areas, but there wasn't really anything I could do. I wish the dark star points showed up better.
I still need to add the 9-patch strips to the top and bottom and the borders. Then it will go on the quilting frame.

It's beautiful sample of Smokey River has been loaned to us by the ...Here is a finished quilt that I pulled off the web. 


























We are getting too much rain. This is taken from my front porch. There was a duck swimming around on this 'pond' yesterday. The ground is so saturated that the water has no where to go and there is more rain in the forecast for the next few days.


3 comments:

dq said...

I think your contrast will be ok. Sometimes it works to have some pieces that fade in because your eye naturally completes the pattern.

Your front porch view is GORGEOUS even though you have too much rain. I hope it settles down for your crops.

Annie said...

One disadvantage of buying a kit is that you feel stuck with the designer's choices. You are making the designer's quilt, not your very own. Why not just buy the pattern if you like the quilt design and then select your own fabrics?

Pdudgeon said...

I really love your "Old Crow" quilt.
that's a variation of "Bear's Paw" that I hadn't seen before!