Monday, June 8, 2015

Design Wall Monday

I almost forgot today is DWM! Once school is out I have a hard time keeping track of what day it is.



I got the one kitchen counter and shelves reorganized. It is not perfect but it is better. I am not real excited about the plastic containers and lids being where they are, but they are lightweight and that is good for the shelves. It is just a pain to reach for anything on those shelves because of the water cooler. But, there is nowhere else in the kitchen to put the water cooler.






I finished this little quilt for a great-niece born in December.


It took so long because my husband wasn't crazy about it and I had other, more pressing issues to take care of.


I put it away for a while then decided that I liked it and it needed to get finished.


It was a little breezy the day I took this picture.




The backing is a minkee type fabric. It feels so soft and cuddly!


Now it needs to get in the mail!













I have completely cleared my design wall from all other projects and put Old Crow up.

My husband had seen this in the Keepsake Quilting catalog a while back and commented that he liked it.

So I began collecting Civil War type prints.

I have been working on this one here and there when not working on other projects.

I worked on it at the last quilt retreat, too.

I have all the blocks and the flying geese border pieced.

I started putting it all together. It has reached the point that it is too big for the design wall so I now have it laid out on the bed.  Guess I better get it pieced today!

But, that means going through the sewing area, through the front room to the bedroom. Lots of steps! I put the blocks in pairs and stacked them so I wouldn't have to make so many trips, but I keep getting them turned the wrong way and out of order. I think I need to pin them together before stacking them so I remember which side to sew.



These lovely flower are growing in my front flower bed.

I do not know what they are.

I do not remember planting them.

They have expanded to quite a big area but, I am not complaining.

I love them!

Here is a close up. 

To see what others are working on go to Judy's blog here. 

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love those pink Dresden Plates! That quilt turned out beautifully.