Monday, March 23, 2015

Design Wall Monday...

On my wall this week...

I started this quilt in August in anticipation of a great niece due the end of November. She arrived in early December and her quilt is still not finished.
I had trouble deciding on certain fabric for the petals.

I removed the print with the yellow and green. I thought it might work in the center.

Then I had trouble deciding on the centers.




I ended up using a mix of all of the options.
Then I had trouble deciding on the cornerstones in the sashing.

I ended up using a blue and green print.
Then I had trouble deciding on a border.





I ended up deciding on no border. I will bind with the blue and green print and use the darkest green (also used for the leaves) to make a piped binding.
By the time this is published I will have started on the quilting. I recently figured out how to schedule posts - Yay me!

On a side note: I really dislike FireFox. I started using it several years ago because I was unhappy with Internet Explorer. I have found that lately I am using IE again. Firefox 'stops working' frequently and sometimes I get this message - 'Firefox has encountered a problem and will now close'.
I have spent too much time trying to write this post. It has taken me too long because of Firefox and its issues.

1 comment:

Quilting Nonnie said...

Wow! Great quilt! I like how you have different centers on the plates. The green and pink are perfect together. I think the little dark points just complete it perfectly!

Your colors are serene, perfect for putting a baby to sleep! My granddaughter was born in January. My daughter finally picked out a quilt and it's dresden just like yours! What method did you use? I still haven't started because I'm waiting for a paint chip so I can get the color right for the quilt!

I understand your frustration with internet providers. I started with Firefox then went to Chrome, then back to Firefox. I missed features that Chrome had. Now I'm mad at Google+ because it linked my comments to Google+. My comments have gone down tremendously. I want my old blog comments back, but no one has an idea on how to fix it.

I don't know whether I love technology or not!