Monday, March 16, 2015

Design Wall Monday

This week I have been working on...
Still piecing the Fire Island Hosta. I have pieced another blue and white strip that goes on the outside edge of the leaves and am working on another one. There will be eight of these.


 I am a scrap saver. Even yarn scraps! These tiny mittens were knit with left-overs from socks and other projects. I think they are just so cute and might make nice package ties. Or they could hold rolled up bills of money.
I like to have quick projects to work when I can't or don't feel like sewing.
The pattern can be found on Ravelry here. It is by Andrea Kopacek and is call Mini Mitten Ornaments.




The quilter's exchange group I am in will be exchanging scrappy 4-patch blocks and scrappy 2 1/2 inch strips at the April retreat. I have been working on these a little at a time and finished them up today. They are bagged and ready to go.



Now back to Fire Island Hosta. I do enjoy the paper piecing, even though it does take a while and there seems to be some waste. But, not for me! I will use the scraps in this...


To see what everyone else is working on go here to Judy's page.

3 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your projects are great. I love the Fire Island Hosta. You've done an amazing job on it.

Bonnie said...

Cute little mitten and great way to use up yarn scraps. The Fire Island Hosta is gorgeous.

~Kris~ said...

Two beautiful challenging quilts and such gorgeous colors in both.