Monday, July 8, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Today my design wall looks like this...




Not much on it.
The stars are for a bed runner that my mom bought and asked me to put together for her. No hurry, she said. I have 3 more stars to make. I think it is turning out very nicely.

The reason there is nothing else on my wall is because I just completed the piecing for the deer quilt for my son.

The backing a soft fleece and is sewn together and it is ready to go on the frame as soon as this one comes off. I just have to tuck in a few thread tales. I find that easier to do when it is still on the frame. I used a spiral groovy board from R & S Designs.
In the picture below you can see more of the quilt. The center star is at the top of the picture. I will be losing about 3 inches of the borders. This quilt was so big that I couldn't quilt the borders to the edges. I am ok with that since the outside border was pretty big.

I was thinking of quilting this one next, but I just can't get inspired. I like the quilt, but I just do not know how to quilt it. I am not good at lines or feathers yet. And, I am afraid I will 'ruin' a quilt if my quilting isn't as good as I think it should be :)

To see what others are doing, visit this Judy L's page here.

1 comment:

Lorrie Shore said...

Your quilts are beautiful. Feathers are like any other machine quilting. The more you practice, the better they look. I was afraid of feathers for a long time. Mine are never perfect, but when it is all done and I step back...those little variations make the feathers look wonderful. Give it a try...start with a practice quilt made of a yard of something on top, batting and a yard of something on the bottom. The SPCA would love a donated practice quilt, if nothing else. Go for it!