Monday, July 1, 2013

Design Wall Monday

You can see what everyone else is working on here.

On my wall this week is something I am working on for my son. He is going away to school this fall and I thought he needed something for his bed. He picked this fabric several years ago and I just have not gotten around to doing anything with it until now. It is actually meant to be pillow panels, but with some sashing I think it makes a nice quilt. I plan to enter this in our local county fair.


I have been busy with other things, too. I got this baby quilt finished, except for the label on the back. This one will be at the fair, as well. I used my feather groovy board for the white outside borders and a wavy line border with small hearts in the corners or the inside border - had to turn the quilt 3 times to do that. I was nervous about doing that, but it worked out great. I used a small meander in the blocks. I then took it off the frame and hand quilted in the ditch around the sashing and outlined around the Sues, bonnets and arms. I am just not that confident yet to do that part on the frame.






My niece had a baby recently, a girl. I made a couple of burp cloths with the baby's initial on them. Another niece with a baby visited recently and showed me hers. She loves them. She says people know who the cloths belong to, you know, in case she forgets them somewhere. :)



Also, on my frame is another quilt for the fair. It is bigger than I usually do . . . 99 x 109. I am quilting a spiral design on it. I am sure I will have to turn it part way through because of the size.


Fair starts July 17 . . . so I better get busy!

1 comment:

kwiltnkats said...

You have some wonderful projects in the works. Sunbonnet Sue is a winner. Good luck with all your quilts at the fair. Sandi