Monday, October 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday...

Nothing new on the design wall again this week.
I did finish the quilting on little boy baby quilt. All that is left is adding the label and washing. The front is flannel, the back is minkee type fabric. The customer decided they wanted batting so it is pretty heavy, but will be cushiony and warm.


I seriously dislike this time of year. My son's birthday is today. He is 17. Bad time of year for this family to celebrate a birthday. My husband farms ... with his dad. If you farm you know what that means for this time of year. If you don't farm - nothing else is important except to get those crops out of the field. Things don't always go well. My husband has been having equipment problems. It takes time to get the parts, take things apart and put it all back together. Sometimes things still don't work right.


My mother-in-law just called me and said she has a cake in the oven, but doesn't know what time they will get down here. Bless her heart, but I didn't even know that was the plan. Yesterday would have been a perfect day for birthday celebrating since they don't work on Sunday. I am just a tad frustrated. :(
And, to top it all off, my son is out riding the 4-wheeler in the field. He was almost out of gas. Dad told him to come find me to put gas in it for him. Never done this before. I spilled gas on me on the 4-wheeler and on him. Now I smell, my clothes (which I have changed out of and put in the basement to be washed) and my house smell like gas. And, my in-laws are coming down at some point this evening.

Oh, well. Happy birthday to my son!!! I can't believe he is 17!

3 comments:

Amy said...

The quilt is adorable! Hang in there. Harvest will be over soon.

kwiltnkats said...

Everything will work out fine. Your son only turns 17 once! Enjoy the cake that was so lovingly baked...Sandi

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Wish your son a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! - from all of your blog readers!! Even with the harvest problems and the gas fiasco - I'm sure he had fun riding the 4-wheeler! And later - his grandparents will visit and bring a cake - doesn't get much better than that! He only turns 17 ONCE - and he will probably remember this birthday BECAUSE of the gas fiasco! I spilled some on me once - it wasn't funny at the time - but it sure is funny now! Just give it time. ;))

P.S. I love the baby quilt - yellow is such a HAPPY color!