Monday, October 10, 2011

Design Wall Monday...

Well, I don't have anything new on my design wall, but I have been working on some projects.
I basted an old top on the frame so I could hand quilt it. Much easier to baste on the frame. I used to layer a quilt on the floor and crawl all over it to baste it. Took a long time and I was so stiff and sore the next day. Basting on the frame is so much easier. I know that I can use the machine to make the stitches, but I hand basted. This will be my traveling project to work on when my son has basketball practice.


I also started to quilting on this baby boy quilt. It is a panel that I added the borders to. The borders are deconstructed fabric that coordinates with the panel. I have a baby girl quilt to get started on.

There is a lot of fall going on here. I know the changing leaves are pretty.




I know my family is supported by the harvest. You can see by the dust how dry things have been here this summer.



Most of the other plants are done blooming. I miss them. I love the color of this mum....


but I hate the thought of winter being just around the corner. :(

5 comments:

Quilty Conscience said...

Love the first picture. What a cheerful quilt! And hand quilting it....looks big to take along. I truly admire your dedication! Toni

marcella said...

That baby quilt is adorable! What a nice panel you found. Enjoy the hand quilting. Looks like a happy project to have to pull out.

Cecilia said...

I have an antique top in this pattern. It is going on my longarm when I get a spare moment in my schedule. I can't wait to see yours finished!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your handquilting quilt is quite pretty! Enjoy and hope it keeps you warm!

Michelle said...

I love that top quilt!