Monday, October 3, 2022

My week

To see what other quilters are up to, 

go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.


This week I have - 

- added borders to the Charming Stars quilt top.

Here it is before borders. Just waiting on backing (and time) to get this quilt finished.

- put a few stitches in Grandmother's Flower Garden. 

Good thing I have help to hold those blocks down!  

 - finished ten pillowcases and matched them to quilts.

- finished this quilt. 

It went into that pillowcase on the top of the pile in the previous photo.

- made a few sashing strips to see how they would look for this quilt.

I bought the batik snowflakes several years ago and just hadn't found the right pattern. I think this one will work, but I am reversing the light and dark fabrics.

- made a few doggie bandanas for Son's dog, Pokie.

He requested more since the ones I made several years ago are wearing out. They are reversible. 
Here he is wearing one. He likes my quilts too!

And, speaking of things wearing out, Pokie needs some new dog bed covers. A couple of years ago I made him a padded cushion that fits his crate with a couple of covers that can be taken off and washed. He has to be crated when Son leaves the house since he wants to tear things up when by himself.

I have paired up some fabrics in the requested seasonal/holiday prints. These are reversible as well.
I'm waiting for zippers then, I will be starting with the two on the top left since those are the seasons coming up first. He already has a Halloween/Fall on that is in good shape still. I haven't decided which two of the John Deere prints I will use. I also need to find a print to go with the hearts fabrics.

- started a sweater.
I don't get to knit much these days since I have help, as you can see in this photo. As soon as Hoppy hears the clicking of my needles he appears, ready to play with the yarn and chew on the needles.
The pattern is Harvest by Tin Can Knits.

Skippy says to take time to stop and smell the roses!

Stay safe and well. 
Happy quilting.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You've been busy!! Your quilt turned out lovely - I like the quilting pattern that you used. And the pattern you chose for the batik snowflakes looks great - it will show them off nicely. Love your doggie bandanas - and your helpers - ;))

loulee said...

Phew! You're busy. That snowflake quilt top will be amazing. Yes, cats do love to help.

Sue Daurio said...

Wow!! So productive and so many wonderful projects. Let it snow again it going to be a head turner, so delicate and beautiful!