Friday, June 4, 2021

I've Been Busy

 Watching the birds that visit my yard. 
  
Hummingbirds come and go. I often don't see one for several days. Husband has had one visiting his tool shed once in a while. Robin was peaking in the window as I was sewing one day. There is a nest just around the corner.

 
I see this pair of cardinals every so often.
 
Usually, the barn swallows hang around the toolshed and have built a nest in there up high. There is a pair hanging around the house this year, which is unusual. I finally found what I think is their nest.

Watching the flowers grow and bloom. 
 
Baby apples!
Clustered Bellflower are ALL over. I will be pulling some out once they finish blooming. 

 
I wish you could smell this! It is a dwarf variety that blooms later
after the common lilacs are finished.
New to my yard this year.

Phlox growing in with a peony that is about to bloom.

The peonies were beautiful. The dark pink is my favorite.
Beautiful Iris.
The bees love the Phlox.

I have been quilting too!

This quilt for my son is finally finished. He loves it!

Disappearing 4 Patch made with fabric with a school theme.

I also attended a wedding.
My sister-in-law got married. I am so thankful she has found love and happiness again. It was a beautiful day. 

I donated blood in memory of my brother. The goal was met, plus some. 
This photo is from last year, but it looked the same this year, another Power Red donation.

And, of course, I spent some time with my son. He's doing well.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Busy is good! I'm SO happy for your sister-in-law - and I LOVE your son's quilt - I'm glad he's doing well - ;))