Monday, June 14, 2021

Inside and Out

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

With the warmer weather, I have been working outside as well as inside. I hope you don't mind my outside pictures.

Inside I have been playing with fabric. 

Ombre Stripes is quilted and I am working on sewing the binding to the back in the evening.
Edit: I started this post this morning, but I was able to finish the binding before I got it posted. Here it is finished. 
It is pretty windy here today so I took an inside pic also.
I bound it with the same fabric as the outer border. The backing is a bright pink small floral print.

I cut up all the 2 1/2 inch strips I had in my stash and sorted them by color. My intention was to use them as leader-enders.

But then this happened. 
I am sewing 16 patches, then sewing those together. 

Outside I try to walk around my yard every day. My garden is so-so this year.

The onions look great.

The cherry tomato is doing well. The green beans finally started coming so I planted a second crop. They are up too. I have planted carrots three times. 
I hope the third time is the charm. 
I planted two different kinds of mini cucumbers. When they didn't come up replanted. 
I have ONE cucumber plant. :(
I like the small ones. 
They are great for snacking.

Before anything was planted, Husband and I added some amendments to the soil and noticed there were two seedlings. He didn't know what they were but decided we should try to save them.

I don't know if you can see them. They are at the top of the photo. They are sunflowers. I planted a few sunflowers seeds several years ago and have not needed to plant them since. We have volunteers every year. LOTS of volunteers. I'm leaving them in the raised bed just to see what they do. 

Elsewhere around my yard:





Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting!

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You're so funny! "But then this happened" - LOL. Your ombre quilt is pretty - and I love seeing all of the flowers in your yard - ;))

Bonnie said...

Your flowers look like they inspired your ombre quilt. Love those bright colors. I'm sad to say I couldn't id all the flowers. I'm not much of a gardener.