Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Late to the Party..

Seems that since school/work started back up again, I am always late posting for Design Wall Monday.

Anyway...
... here is what I have been working on.

This is the bag I received in the latest exchange for the Quilters Exchange group I am in. Pretty Christmas-y colors without being just for Christmas.


This is my block. I have had a lot of fun making my block for each exchange. I usually try to fussy-cut that center square. It ends up finished size of 1inch so sometimes it is hard, but this flower was perfect!


I have also been working on the farm quilt. This is the flag that will go in it. I like the looks of this, but I am concerned that the white background of the star will disappear when it is pieced into the quilt... unless I do something different. Like, sash the flag with something, but what?


Or, instead of a pieced star, just a square from the blue with white stars fabric. But, then I feel like it needs a few more red and white stripes at the bottom. Either way, I think it needs another white and 2 more red stripes at the bottom.


The little hexie flower you see was a free hand-out at the quilt show I attended a couple of weeks ago. The kit included hexie papers and fabric squares along with directions. I got it stitched up in an evening. I like the fabric that was included in the kit. It is a cute little hexie block, but now I don't know what to do with it.

It measures 4 inches. The kit suggested appliqueing the hexie block to a 5 inch square and making it into a pin cushion. I don't need another pin cushion and I don't know any else who does either. Hhhmmm.