Monday, September 19, 2016

Design Wall Monday

The guy I am making the farm quilt for asked me to add a tom and hen turkey. They began raising them this summer and he wanted them in the quilt. I am in the process of appliqueing them. The hen is finished. Tom is still in progress. I will add small black buttons for eyes after the quilting is finished.





Tom is from here...
I made my own design for the hen as I could not find one anywhere.

I attended a small local quilt show over the weekend. I saw some lovely quilts and they had some nice vendors.

These are my favorites from the show...
I love snowmen.


 I drove a Beetle in my younger days so this one really caught my attention..


Nice use of rick-rack. It is bright red, although it doesn't appear that color in the close-up photo.



 I like the scrappy look of this one...


... and this one.


I love the bright colors of this hexie quilt. I started a bright hexie quilt years ago and threw it away because my friends thought it was too bright. I wish I had kept it.



I am not getting nearly the sewing done that I need to be. Being back to work at school is wearing me out. It has been very hot. These brick building really hold the heat once they get hot. I am not ready for winter, but I sure would like some cooler temperatures.

Kindergarten students wear me out, too! We are starting to get a little settled into routines so that is improving. We have teacher out to a conference for 2 days this week and her students were wild today. Add the full moon on Friday into that mix and the last few days have been a little crazy. I don't know what it is about the full moon, but it definitely affects young children.
Image result for full moon crazy kids

No comments: