Monday, October 26, 2015

Design Wall Monday

To see the work of others go Judy's blog here.

Here is what is on my wall.

My quilter's exchange group traded our bags for the last time on Saturday.
These blocks belong to one of the members.

I made this block.
We now have our own bags back with 15 blocks - 1 block made by a different person in the group.
I don't have a picture of my blocks to show yet. Soon.

Today I feel like Alexander. You know, the boy who had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
I start my day every day wondering how it will go.

My husband is up early. Here lately he has been up around 4:30, way too early for my liking. He heads out to do chores at our place, then goes to his parents to do chores there and check on his dad who is 91 and living alone for the past 2 years since my MIL went into the nursing home. We never know what kind of a mood he will be in. Often it isn't good. That tends to set the mood for the rest of the day. Hubby comes home for breakfast, usually upset about how his morning has gone.
Then, I go to work. Never know how that will go either. This week is Spirit Week at our school. Halloween is coming up. And, have you seen the moon? Funny how a full moon affects children's behavior. So, the students are a little wound up and I expect that to worsen as the week goes on. At the end of my school day I realized that my jar of sweet tea that was in my lunch bag that was inside my tote bag had tipped over and leaked out all over the floor soaking the tote and my purse and all of the contents. My checkbook, cash, day planner. Everything.
And, it just goes on. A few more things happened after I got home. Pizza has been delivered and eaten. And, now I am listening to my computer rev up like it is going to take flight. It does this occasionally but it is happening more and more frequently. And everything is moving in slow motion. I type an entire sentence before it appears on the screen. Just waiting for the computer to die. Yeah.


1 comment:

Alla Blanca said...

Hugs to you, fellow quilter. And extra big dollops of courage and fortitude for this week of full moon and extra sugar in the bellies of the tiny beasts. I'm no longer in the classroom, but not so far removed that I have forgotten what it's like.
Thanks for sharing to Design Wall Monday--I enjoyed peeking in.