Monday, October 5, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Go visit Judy's blog here.

Here is what I am was working on.
Here is the top sewn together from the Snowmen Gatherings charm packs. I think I am going to name this one Winter Blues. I am starting work on the back.


I laid out the Friendship Rings blocks. Now they need to be sewn together. I have a quilt retreat coming up in 3 weeks so this will probably be one of my projects for that.





I have been wanting to rearrange my sewing space for a while so I dove into that while my husband was in the field this weekend. It is about half way put back together. I have a Hoosier cabinet that I store a lot of my sewing supplies in. I decided to move it back upstairs. I was able to move the bottom part by myself. I have filled it up. The top part is heavy so I need help with that. Those things are stacked ... on the quilt frame, on the ironing board, on the sewing table. So no sewing right now. I am also going through fabric and getting rid of pieces I no longer like. I decided to measure the bigger pieces so I know what I have to work with. Just what is pictured here is over 45 yards! Some are 1/2 yard cuts, some are 1 yard cuts, most are 2 - 4 yard cuts. And that isn't all of the bigger pieces.


I had never really thought about how much yardage I actually have. I know I have a lot of fabric, but actually seeing the numbers makes it real. This scares me a little. I have much more than this in my stash cabinet. I guess the good news is I shouldn't have to buy backings for a while!


1 comment:

Kat said...

Great quilts! I love the colors in that second one and the scrappy look.