Monday, September 7, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Go to Judy's blog to see what others are working on.

On my wall today are some more blocks from this book...



Blocks 1 through 6 (not in that order). As pictured, from top row, left to right is Block 3 - Barbara Frietchie Star, Block 1 - White House, Block 6 - Pot and Starboard, Block 2 - Star of the West; bottom row, left to right is Block 5 - Hovering Hawks, Block 4 Catch Me If You Can.

I am thinking that last one, Catch Me If You Can might not have enough contrast. I really don't want to take it apart and redo it. I might just make a new one. Maybe I will wait until I have all 50 blocks finished and see what it looks like then.

I still have the Snowman Gathering blocks up on my wall. I ordered and received two more charm packs and will finish these up soon.

This is Block 5 - Hovering Hawks and Block 1 of Friendship Rings in progress.

I finished all 28 of Block 1 for Friendship Rings and will start on Block 2.

I also did some work for other people.


I can't get this photo to rotate for some reason. I have rotated and saved it, but it still looks like this.
Anyway, a lady that I work with has a teen-aged daughter. Homecoming is this weekend. Her lovely little dress needed just a little adjustment on the sides at the underarm area. She looks lovely in the dress and I hope she has a wonderful time at Homecoming.

School started for me on August 24 with 2 days of in-service presentations, meetings and all the other fun stuff that goes along with being a school employee. Students started on the 26th. It was hot; then it got even hotter. We released early September 3rd and 4th because of the heat. 

We have a new principal in our building this year. A woman - for the first time. I am excited about that. She also seems very competent. I am very excited about that. 

She called me into her office the other day (uh-oh, I thought!) but then she said she had heard that I sew. Yes, I do! She asked if I could I fix this. It is a sweater. I hate sewing with knits, but I was able to fix this little repair. It wasn't a tear, the seam had just come undone.


I also caught a little cold. On Thursday I woke up with a scratchy throat that felt better after I took a shower. Friday the scratchy throat was back and didn't go away. By Friday evening I knew it was a cold. Yesterday I had a headache, was sleepy and just felt yucky. Today I feel better, not 100%, but much better.

No comments: