Friday, November 8, 2013

Disappointed

I have knitting scarves. Lots of scarves.
These are made from Red Heart Sashay and Ribbons yarns.
 

This scarf is made with Bernat Boa. 
I love the colors of the one I already knitted and the 2 other skeins I bought. 
I thought they would all look so pretty. And, the yarn is so soft.

 

But.... it SHEDS.... HORRIBLY! :( 
This is the floor in front of my chair after knitting this yarn. My chair and clothes were also covered.


I noticed this right away, of course, but kept knitting, thinking it wouldn't be so bad when finished. No, still shedding horribly. 
I had the thought that maybe if I vacuumed the finished scarf 
that would remove the loose fibers. 
No, still shedding horribly. 
The scarves were intended to be gifts.
I would not wear this scarf. 
I certainly will not gift it to someone knowing it will cover them head to foot with loose fibers.

So now I have 1 finished scarf and 2 skeins that I will not use.

So disappointed.



2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks for the warning!! Makes me wonder what you're supposed to make with it if it sheds like that. Is there any way you can return the unused skeins?? - ;))

Cindy Quilts said...

There is a pattern for a scarf on the band around the skein. I did a little research on the internet and it seems that this yarn just does that.
Sadly I no longer have my receipt.