Monday, January 28, 2013

Design Wall Monday

 On my wall this week...
The annual FFA auction is coming up. I have donated a quilt the last two year, and will again this year. The top photo is the top with borders added. The second photo shows part of the pieced back. I was going to use the pieced red squares as the outer border, but my husband thought the fabric I
bought for the backing worked better.  I think he is right! I could have taken all those squares apart to be used in another project, but I really didn't want to. So they will be part of the backing. Everything is from stash except the paisley red, white and black fabric in the border and backing.



I really underestimated the time it would take to  stitch down the red 'stitches' on these baseballs!
Still working on it. I have that partial row you see in this photo finished now.
 
 

2 comments:

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

I have a grandson who would love the heck out of that baseball quilt! Very nice! Where did you find the pattern?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Funny how some things take forever, huh? But that's OK - that baseball quilt looks terrific - and well worth the time that it is taking you to do it! And I like your top quilt - especially the pieced backing! I have been doing pieced backings for a while now simply because they are so much more fun than a "plain" back - and I'm glad to see more quilters are doing the same - ;))