Monday, January 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Something new on my wall!
My son is in FFA.



Every year they have an auction to raise money for various things they do throughout the year. They ask businesses and people to donate items for the auction. I donate a quilt.

This year I am making a 4 Patch Jacob's Ladder quilt. I am to the point where I need to decide if I am adding a border ... or not. Then it will be ready to be quilted.



The auction is in February. Basketball tournament this weekend in Wisconsin. Tournaments also in the weekends of Jan. 14the and 28th. Practice on the weekends of Feb. 4th and 11th. So I don't have a lot of free time on the upcoming weekends to get this done. And, we have a scheduling conflict. There is a tournament on the same weekend of the FFA auction. My son is going to have to figure out which one to miss... it is a hard decision.

10 comments:

marcella said...

Your jacob's ladder is so wonderful! My vote is for border free - I love those traditional patterns as the full quilt right up to the binding. Either way you choose, it will be beautiful. Hope it earns a lot for the auction.

What Comes Next? said...

what a beautiful quilt!

~Kris~ said...

I love, love, love this pattern. It will be beautiful with or without borders. Don't stress. It is a wonderful gift for the auction.

Quilty Conscience said...

What a happy, bright quilt! The group is so lucky to have you make this for the auction. I'll bet it makes a record amount of money. Toni

carol fun said...

Very pretty! I love a scrappy quilt. Border or no border you can't go wrong with this beauty!

Cathy Tomm said...

I really like it. One of the quilt guilds I go to did a Jacob's ladder year's ago. We sold lots of tickets. I am sure you will do well with it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that pattern. I have thought to make it several times and have never gotten around to it. Where did you get your pattern from?
Karen

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Great quilt. It would look great with a narrow, dark border followed by a wider border but it also looks great the way it is (I'd suggest a dark binding). Do you usually get some good bids on the quilts at this event? if so, I'd add the border to jack up the bidding. If you don't expect to get much bid on it, leave it as is. I know how low bids can be for the time, money and effort spent on making the donation!

Happy Quilting!

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely scrap quilt!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Just beautiful!! I don't think you need a border at all - it's perfect just the way it is!! Good luck at the auction - be sure to let us know how much you get for it, OK??