Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 UFO Challange with Judy

Happy New Year!
I do not make New Year's resolutions. But I have been thinking that I need some goals. So this year I am challenging myself to complete some projects.
Judy L over at Patchwork Times is having a UFO challenge. I thought about joining last year, but decided not to. This year I decided to give it a try.
Here is my list:
1 - Bargello Heart - finish piecing it
2 - Jacob's Garden - finish the applique on 2 sides
3 - Cosmic Jewels - get it pieced
4 - Swirl - Wind - paper pieced kit - piece at least 6 blocks (that's half of them)
5 - In A Pickle - paper pieced kit - piece at least half the blocks
6 - Red/White Snails Trail Mini Quilt - quilt it
7 - Black/White/Red Tiles - quilt it
8 - Bali Rainbow - quilt it
9 - Grandmother's Flower Garden - large hexies - finish piecing blocks
10 - Butterfly Wall Quilt - quilt it
11 - Rainbow Memories - piece 4 more blocks
12 - Noah's Ark - piece the rest of the animal blocks

Some of these are projects already started. Some are kits that my DH has bought for me that have not been started, but I think he likes it when I work on ones he has gotten. Some are to the quilting stage. I plan to quilt them on my short arm (MegaQuilter on Grace frame) but I keep telling myself they deserve better quilting that I am able to do right now. #6 I plan to hand quilt. It is small and I enjoy handquilting. It will be a good project to take to basketball practice.

Judy chose #5 for the challenge this month. I was all ready to start mine. I got it out - it is a kit my DH had bought. Everything is there, pattern, fabric... oh, wait. It is paper pieced and I need to copy the pattern pieces. OK, so I won't start on it today. But I will in a few days after I get copies made.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hope you enjoy the paper piecing this month. Happy sewing!