Sunday, November 27, 2011

Design Wall Monday...

Well nothing on the wall, but I do have a finish.
I had planned to start on the baby girl quilt that goes with the baby boy quilt - they are cousins, but I spent my weekend driving - driving my FIL to the hospital to visit my MIL on Friday. It's a one hour trip one way.Then on Saturday driving FIL back to hospital to bring MIL home. So glad she was able to come home. She is feeling better, but will need to go back at some point in the near future for an appendectomy. Then on Sunday driving 3 hours round trip to meet my parents. My son stayed at their house after Thanksgiving dinner. It is a tradition now. We all go there for Thanksgiving and he stays until Sunday. The last 2 years my niece has been staying too. They are close in age and get along well. Sounds like they all had a really fun time this year!
Anyway, here is my finish - the baby boy quilt. I think it turned out cute. It is labeled, washed and ready to be delivered which I will do tomorrow. Hopefully I can start on the girl quilt tomorrow evening.

Since my last few posts have been pretty negative I decided that I needed to start thinking more about the positive things in my life. So...

My gratitudes for today:
- MIL is home from the hospital and feeling much better.
- My parents. I am grateful that they enjoy spending time with my son. Sometimes he needs a break from me and I need a break from him. It seems that as he gets older they are all enjoying each others company even more.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Cute quilt! Lucky Logan! And you can be negative all you want - life is not always happy - happy - joy - joy. Having to deal with the bad days lets us enjoy the good ones ever more - don't you think?

Teri said...

Beautiful way to finish a panel. 2#- that was a little guy! Congrats on a finish.

Vicki H. said...

What a lovely quilt!!!!!! Hey we all have a dry, negative time. I am glad that you have positives going on. Rest and care for yourself, ok?!