Monday, January 28, 2008

Nothing much this week...

Looks like this blogging thing is going to be a weekly thing. I work full-time as a teacher's aide so I don't get much done during the week. This weekend my son started practicing with a new-trying-to-start-up basketball team for 6-14 year old wheelchair (wc) users. I am pretty excited about this because I am hoping to meet some parents. He was nervous, but did great once he decided he could do this. The coaches are wc users themselves, and are on adult wc bball teams. They did great with the kids. There were sport chairs for the kids to use and it seemed like they were all having fun. I did get to talk quiet a bit with one parents and we are going to email.
My son then spent the rest of the weekend with my parents and they met us at the doctor's office today. My son had a bi-annual exam that went really well. The doc was pleased with the test results and said 'see ya in 6 months'. Yeah.
Did not get one bit of sewing done; didn't even turn on the machine. I DID get to play with the Fiesta dishes my mom gave me when they picked up my son. The dishes look great in the old cabinet that was my grandmother's. The Fiesta was hers, too. I love it! The colors are so bright and cheery.
So, no sewing this week, not pics, either.
Until next time,
Quiltymama

No comments: