Sunday, February 4, 2018

Happy Thought on a Snowy Sunday

This is what it looks like outside my windows today.


To the south, that is the neighbors house. You can see it now. A while ago, you could not.

To the north, the other neighbor but all you can see is that clump of trees.
The wind is coming from the north and blowing snow into the window screen.

I am happy we got our Sunday morning errands taken care of early. It had snowed during the night, but the roads were mostly clear. While we were shopping a wintery mix began with rain, sleet, snow. It got worse after we got home. I am happy to be home in my warm house.

So, what to do on a winters day?



I am going through the binders that I store patterns and ideas in.
I have 2 big ones for knitting projects, 1 big one and starting more for quilt projects,
and 2 smaller ones for other craft projects.
I have consolidated the tub shown above into binders.
I am removing patterns that I am no longer interested in or have made and will not make again.
I am categorizing by type. For example: knits: Hats/Scarves/Cowls/Mittens & Gloves is a category. Another category is Baby, another is Sweaters with categories for Cardigans, Pull Overs, Short Sleeve, etc.I try filing all the hats together, all the scarves together, etc.
It gets a little harder for the quilt patterns. I am using categories for Applique, Paper Piecing,
English Paper Piecing, Pieced, but then am sub-categorizing.
For example: Paper Piecing: 4 inch blocks, 6 inch blocks.
Piecing: Scrappy, Patriotic, Snowman, by Seasons/Holidays.

How do you organize your patterns?

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

We are actually getting a full day of snow today (FINALLY - I hate droughts, they really scare me during the summer fire season that follows), but fortunately it's the really pretty kind rather than the bleak snow-you-in kind. My quilting patterns are all in a stack on a storeroom shelf. My old clothing patterns that I never use anymore are in a couple of pattern boxes on a more remote shelf in that storeroom.