Wednesday, February 8, 2023

February 8, 2023

I'm still organizing my sewing room. I do think it is a never-ending project!

I attended my group's three-day retreat last week. It is always nice to spend time with creative, wonderful people. I love seeing what everyone is working on.
My project using fabrics from my stash.
This closeup shows the bears better. I plan to donate this one.
Not mine, it is all flannel and looks so soft and cuddly.
Not mine, this one is small squares pieced with even smaller squares sewn raw edge on top.
Not mine, this beachy bargello was made for the maker's granddaughter, I believe. Can't you just hear the waves and feel the ocean breeze?
A mother-daughter team each made one of these Fab Farm small quilts. So cute! I picked up this pattern yesterday on a shopping trip with my quilt buddies. It can be made in two sizes, Here is one source for the pattern. 
Not mine, this is a long-time UFO finally finished.
A closeup shows the fabric and quilting better.
Not mine, hard to see the quilting which is a tool motif of wrenches, pliers, and hammers. This quilt is going to the maker's nephew.

I don't have pattern information for some of the quilts. I shared links for the ones I did have info for.

I've continued working on Dinner Plate Dahlia, but don't have a photo to share.

I also am working on another UFO - Jack in the Box by Bonnie Hunter that I started in 2011. I think it's about time I finish it! I am using scraps and stash. 
This link will take you to her Addicted to Scraps blog post. To find Jack in the Box, scroll down, keep scrolling, keep scrolling, it is very near the bottom. You might enjoy looking at some of the other blocks as you scroll down. 

I think I was missed while at the retreat. Skippy asked for a belly rub.
And, says he wants to go along next time!
Hoppy will protect the quilty things for me.
My group has two sewing days this week so I hope to have a progress report next week.

Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting!

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What delightful eye-candy! And your helpers are adorable - ;))

loulee said...

Lovely quilts, thankyou for thinking of us and sharing.