Sunday, April 7, 2019

In Threes

My Mother-In-Law always said that bad things happened in threes. I used to kind of brush it off, but then she would say Mrs. So&So at the nursing home died, just wait, two more will pass. And, usually she was right! Now I seem to notice that more often in my own life. 

1) Last weekend Husband decided to unplug the Christmas laser light and then the rope lights on the ramp railing quit working. 


Rope lights during the day.

Rope lights at night.

I thought he probably just bumped the timer plug in the outlet, but when he investigated he discovered that the plug was no working. Weird, but things do wear out.

2) Then, also last weekend I decided to make a cup of tea with the Keurig my son rescued from the dumpster when he moved back from ISVI a few years ago. The student that owned didn't have room for it in the car so they were going to throw it away. 



Son thought I would like it. I did; it came in handy for heating up a cup or two of water for tea. But, last weekend it made a loud pop and there was a bright flash. I knew it was gone. I unplugged it, drained it and put it into the garage. Ooookkaaay. That's two.

3) Then yesterday I was vacuuming an noticed that the vacuum was not picking up anything. And, then it quit. It had quit running one other time. I decided that maybe the foam filter just needed cleaned, so I rinsed it and waited for it dry. 


Today, nothing. Okay, now we have three things that have quit working. I hope that's it. But, see what I mean? Group of three.

I am most sad about the vacuum. We never seem to be able to find one that works for more than a few years. I miss the ramp lights and had wanted them because it made it easier to find the ramp in the dark. That was when Son was still at home and came home late when out with friends. He's no longer living at home, but it makes it easier for me to find the driveway at night! The Keurig is no big deal. I have a microwave that works just fine to heat up a cup of water. I also have a smaller single serve coffee maker at work that will come home this summer.

Meanwhile, I have decided I need to finish up some things before starting anything else. I picked up the Flag Afghan I started a while (a long while) back. 



I started the LAST stripe! Next will be 50 stars to crochet and sew on. 

No comments: