Monday, January 6, 2014

Design Wall Monday

My wall is currently empty.
I have this top finished to the point of needing backing and binding.

I spent a few hours the other day trying to find a something for the binding. Nothing worked. So now I am waiting on the backing and binding that ordered. Who knows how long that will take to get here considering the road conditions. And, I don't mind waiting. I would much rather people be safe than trying to make deliveries.

I did finish this yesterday. 

I had been wanting a better way to store my circular needles. I had them in the roll with my straight needles which caused the cables to be more bent than I like them. I just could not bring myself to spend what these cost on-line. So for half a yard of fabric and a couple of hours I ended up with this. I know the number 3 is not quite lined up with the others, but I am still working on my embroidery skills. The wording at the top looks crooked also, but the top is not laying nicely because of the way it is hanging in this picture. 

If you want to see more Design Wall Monday posts you can here at Judy L's blog.

2 comments:

Julie S said...

WOW! That is the most beautiful Twister quilt I have ever seen. I love the cascading effect of intense color in the upper corner leading to diffused color tumbling down...amazing! I may have to try this with all the autumn fabrics I have stashed away!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy New Year!! I agree with Julie - that is the most beautiful Twister quilt that I have ever seen!! The colors are gorgeous!! And your needle holder is VERY clever!! By the way - I didn't notice #3 until you pointed it out - I just thought it was a neat way to have all of your circular needles handy - ;))