Monday, September 5, 2011

Design Wall Monday...

This week, a long weekend for me, I finished one more block of the Rainbow Memories quilt. I am having a hard time with this one. I am just not sure I am liking the color placements I am choosing. I guess I will keep plugging along and see what I have when I get them all finished. There seems to be plenty of fabric so I will be able to change some of the pieces later if I want to.



I am working on another Quilts for Kids quilt. This one has a sports theme. The fabrics are really nice. I am sure a young boy will like this quilt.



And, more squash .... so more pickles! I tried dill pickles this time. Haven't tried them yet since they are suppose to sit for a few days. I will be making more relish today. My husband suggested I tear out the older plants and let the new ones continue to produce for a little while. We have a zucchini plant that is finally producing. I think I will be making zucchini bars with that. I found a recipe here that I want to try.

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend.
Stop on over to Judy's blog to see what others are doing.

12 comments:

Denise :) said...

I love the colors in your Rainbow Memories quilt -- gorgeous!! I love canning dilled pickles. There's something incredibly satisfying about canning/putting up produce from your own garden! Have a GREAT day! :)

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your rainbow quilt looks terrific. And yes your other quilt certainly will brighten someone's day. I used to can zuchinni pickles and add a jalepeno and a clove of garlic to the pickling brine to make them zesty.

Kathie said...

Love the rainbow quilt. Even in winter it will look like summer.

Nina Marie said...

Ohhh I think you are doing a great job with the color placements on Rainbow - the primaries are working so nicely - its coming gorgeous!

Quilty Conscience said...

I too think the color placement for the Rainbow Memories is "spot on". Beautiful! Toni

Cathy said...

It's unanimous...... the rainbow colours are perfect. They glow with life. It's like there is light radiating from them....... glorious.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with everyone else!! Your Rainbow Memories blocks just seem to GLOW! Don't over-think them - they look great! And I like the sports themed boy's quilt, too! Great fabric choices! And add to all that - your pickles look really yummy! Good stuff! Have a great week! ;))
^..^

Sue Daurio said...

We all can't be wrong :) The colors are absolutely positively stunning!!!

Happy Quilter said...

I love the graduated colors quilt. Can't wait to see it finished and put together.

Amy said...

Cute quits. I especially like the sports quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope the pickles taste as great as they look!
Love love love the rainbow blocks!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think the rainbow one is quite cool!! Love the sports one too!