Monday, July 12, 2010

Design Wall Monday


My design wall today looks like this....
The pattern is TUCKER by Carol Morrissey. I am making this into a roman shade for my kitchen window which faces west. I need something to block that late afternoon/early evening sun. And, I love roosters!
My wall is an old office divider. My husband got it and another one when the place he worked closed 15 years ago. They are covered with fabric and work great. Blocks stick pretty well and I can also stick pins in without hurting anything. This one is leaned up against a wall and slides back a little between the wall and my hoosier cabinet which has been turned into a sewing center.

5 comments:

Teaquilts said...

What a fun project and I sure wish I had quilt-type roman shade.

Charlene S said...

That rooster is fantastic! I wish I had the patience for a project like that one. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Love the rooster! It would make me happy every time I pulled the shade down.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh....I do so love Tucker!
glen

AnnieO said...

Very nice rooster! Sure to brighten up a window.

We have a couple of those dividers hanging around as extras at work. Hmmm.

I also have an old Hoosier cabinet that is my main cutting table workhorse. I love that thing.