Sunday, January 31, 2010

Scrap-happy


What's on my design wall right now... is Four Patch Ladder. It is from Quilters Cache. I have not bought any fabric for this quilt so far, and I don't think I will need to. I am trying to decide on a thin border - purple, teal greenish, or dark red. I think I may add another border of 4 patches after that. I would like this quilt to be a little bigger, plus it would be nice to use up some more stash! I have also busted several partially used spools of thread in neutral colors working on this quilt.

3 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Very pretty quilt. It almost feels like it's a free quilt when you use scraps.

Shellie said...

The tops looks good. I really like the design. I think I'll have to add it to my ever growing list of "gotta try its". Alas, the downfall of checking out Design Wall Monday posts.

Personally, I think I'd go with the purple narrow border if it's a dark purple. I like the idea of a scrappy pieced 2nd border.

Unknown said...

Great job! Your quilt is really striking.