Monday, January 1, 2018

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year to every one. I hope it is all that you want it to be.

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

I really think I have adult ADD! I have so many projects started, with more in the planning stages. I have many sticky notes poking out of magazines and books marking projects that I want to make or inspire me in some way that and I will never get close to doing them all.

So, when I saw the 18 in 2018 challenge I thought, what can it hurt to try.

Here is my list - in no particular order (except the first 4) and subject to change!

1) Quilt Ruth's two baby quilts -  I have had these for far too long. 
She gave me five a while back and said no hurry. I find that I need deadlines. 
Three are finished and returned to her. These are the last two.

 

2) T-shirt quilt #1 - top is finished except borders. Needs borders, quilted and bound.


3) T-shirt quilt #2 - still in the bag it came to me in.


4) Media Cart Cover for school - measurements have been taken, fabric has been purchased.


5) Fire Island Hosta Queen - the kit was purchased and started in 2014. All units have been cut
and/or pieced. Sets have been organized. Needs assembled, quilted, bound.


6) Strip Around the Block - pieced, needs borders, quilted, bound.
Border, backing and binding fabric has been purchased.


7) Owl Place Mats and Napkins - my husband purchased this as a kit for place mats, apron and pot holder. There has been no sewing on this. I would like to enter them in the local county fair as place mats, but napkins are required. Fabric for napkins needs to be purchased. I have no picture yet.

8) Zip Bag - it is started.
9) Clutch and Wallet - the clutch is a kit that I found this summer 
and the fabrics coordinate well with the Zip Bag. The wallet pattern has been
purchased and will use the same fabrics as the Zip Bag and Clutch.


10) Exchange Quilt 2017 - blocks are all made, thanks to my exchange group.
I need to decide on a layout, quilt and bind it.


11) Exchange Quilt 2016 - blocks are made, thanks to my exchange group.
I need to decide on a layout., quilt and bind it.


12) Butterfly Quilt - I started this on several years ago. It was a kit for a wall hanging, but I wanted it bigger so I made up my own design. Needs borders, quilted, bound.


13) Blooming Stars Bed Runner - for my mom. She bought the kit, and said no hurry. I need deadlines! It is partially assembled - 4 of the 5 stars, I think. Needs finished, quilted, bound.


14) Charming Beauty Quilt - a kit, partially cut. I goofed when cutting the pieces and don't have enough of one of the fabrics. I wasn't able to find more and gave up searching for a replacement. I need to find something suitable and get this one finished. See it on the left in the picture above.

15) Prism Quilt - kit. Nothing done yet.


16) Snowman - free pattern from Pat Sloan. Just an idea at this point, but wouldn't just the snowman part make a great mug rug, or a look cute displayed on a stand?


 17) 4 tops - alter. I have 4 tops that are either too snug or too short. I need to remedy that. No pic.

18) Pick One (if I make it this far) - Thankful and Bloom Hoop Embroideries from Cutesy Crafts.
Would make nice fair projects.


Feathered Star Christmas Wall Hanging - started years ago.
Corrugated Quilt - kit, still in package.


On Ringo Lake - free from Bonnie Hunter.


Gnome for the Holidays BOM - free from Fat Cat Patterns.
Since this is a BOM I am hoping to keep up with it.


These are in no particular order, and truthfully, I will be surprised if I get even half of these finished. But, that is what makes it a challenge!

I am going to try, really hard, to be more positive this year. It is something I struggle with. 
So, positive thought for today - we are experiencing bitterly cold temperatures and I am so thankful that I haven't had to go out (winter break from school) and my home is nice and toasty warm.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Go, Cindy!! I'm glad you're using the challenge to help you. Hope to see you finish a quilt (or a stage, depending on the challenge goal of your project) every two to three weeks! Don't forget to report those regularly on the monthly link-ups. Those are open all month, so you report whenever you finish instead of waiting for a given day. I'll be looking for you!

dq said...

The Fire Hosta Queen is AMAZING! That one looks like you MUST get it done just so I can admire from afar!

I also love the prism quilt, Gone for the Holidays, and the Snowman one. I have a couple of Christmas ones I have fabric for and one I want to buy for. Oh goodness, this just never ends but is fun anyway.