Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturday Quilting and Happy Thought

 I spent some quality time with my machine today working on one of the baby quilts.

I kept finding lots of this ...
... seams coming apart. 

This picture shows 2 spots - one by the scissors guard and the other on the lower left.


 There were more. And, then this kept happening.


When I had to sew off the quilt and then back on the pieces flipped over.
I have had that happen once in a while but it happened a lot with this quilt.
I don't know if it was because it is flannel or because of the piano key border but it was frustrating.

I hand sewed all the little seam openings. 
And, I took it out and re-did the stitching in the flipped areas.
Next time I quilt a quilt with this type of border I guess I should stitch around the outside edge. 
I some quilters do that, but I never do, do you? 

My Happy Thought for today: Even though it was very cold again, the sun shone most of the day. Also, it was still daylight at 5:00 pm! The days are getting longer!

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'. Check it out.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That happened to me on a "Jelly Roll Race" baby quilt that I made a couple of months ago - so I fused a "heart" over the spot and machine appliqued it down. The border edges "flipping" is a problem I have, too. I'm not one of those who stitch all around the outside edge before I quilt something - but I might start doing that soon - ;))

dq said...

I completely understand what you are dealing with. I just started quilting a quilt with incomplete seams or gaps in the seams. I just decided that it is my job to quilt and not to fix their problems. I try to sew them shut in the quilting where possible but that is the extent of my job.

I wish you luck.